Sonorus: Feminist Perspectives on Harry Potter #1 is OUT NOW!
Issue 1 includes:
- Second in Command: Why Hermione is a Feminist Leader and Bellatrix is a Tool.
- Feminism and Lily Evans.
- An excerpt from Saucy Sorcery: Gender, Social Awareness and Literary Legacy in Harry Potter. (McGonagall as a feminist character.)
- The Black Sisters Versus Gender.
- His Silence Does the Talking. (Harry as a feminist character.)
- Gender Roles and Harry Potter.
- Long Haired, Skinny, Pretty, and Partnered – The Conventional Beauty/Relationship Norms of Harry Potter.
- Why Film Hermione Should Be Less Pretty.
- Why I Love Luna Lovegood.
- Slytherin and Assimilation.
- Why the Harry Potter Books Should Have Been Called the Hermione Granger Books.
- How to Make a Magical World More Magical. (Gender as conservative in the series.)
- A Strategy for Change, in the Wizarding World and Beyond! (The series creating a movement for social justice amongst its readers.)
Or check out our Sonorus issue bundles here!